Re: Urgent priorities 6/17-6/21

Russell McLoughlin

Jun 16, 2013, 2:02:21 PM6/16/13
to biotech...@googlegroups.com, Joseph Jackson, Richard Sportsman, Kevin Lustig, Max Berry, Jonathan Cline, Babak Esmaeli-Azad, Richard Rouse, Dana Buckman, Leah Cannon, Resh B, Ekaterina Bobkova, Sean Mitchell
Hi all,
For equipment@ and @info should those emails just go to joseph or should we set up mailing lists so they go to the entire equipment team?

I added the donate button and google voice number to the website.

Also, awhile back I set up a google group for bt&b. Does it make sense to send these status emails to that list so that hopefully our coalition of the willing can grow? I've cc'd the list here- feel free to remove if it doesn't make sense.

Cheers,
Russell

On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 8:49 AM, Joseph Jackson <joseph....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello everyone, we are now at the death march/ sprint to the finish line for BtnB's launch event.   So, I'm sending out weekly priority lists in hopes that this helps keep us motivated and accountable.  I am traveling almost all of this coming week so it is especially challenging.

In order of urgency:

1) Facilities Mon.  Kevin/Joseph finalize new benches dimensions and order so they can be delivered/installed 6/24 or 6/25.  Order steel free standing basin sink.  Visit sign company on Avenida Encinitas to order lettering in time for opening.  Place order with print shop for any banners/ posters for opening event.

2) Recruit additional equipment task force.  Resh and Katerina have been coming in and heroically trying to get things cleaned and set up but it is futile when we keep getting more stuff crammed in the garage that we don't have inventoried. Our schedule got thrown off when the benches we were expecting didn't arrive last week and we have been asking Katerina and Resh to take on too much by themselves.  This is unfair and easily leads to disappointment and frustration.  We can't burn people out before we even open so let's fix this!  We have a lot more people willing to help who have attended past meetings but they need to be notified and energized.  Schedule meetup this week focused on increasing the number of people working on 1) Fixing the stuff we have 2) Going to vendors, donors, auctions/surplus to get the essential items on the wishlist.  We are still missing things that will hurt us if we don't acquire them.  Also, some of what we have is old and we should be looking for replacements.

Get CO 2 from Matheson or others.

Contact VWR, Sigma, NEB, IDT and any other reagent/consumibles companies.  Set up sponsorship and/or enroll in new lab program.  Get as much free stuff as possible but also set up purchasing accounts for future orders where needed.

3)  WEB and IT Stuff:   Richard Sportsman/Russ

Update Website with Donate button.  Add phone contact and set up google voice. Our number is. 760 603 9424

but we don't actually have a phone hooked up to that.

Emails for everyone who wants one.

Set up Jos...@btandb.com  X, Y Z...@btandb.com.   After several people pointed it out, I give up and we will succumb to the convention of creating emails with the organization's domain.  Let's try to keep this from proliferating:  we have info@,  I suggest equipment@ as another one that can fwd to everyone involved with issues relating to this.

Collect bios, headshot and CV from key personelle and entrepreneurs who wish to be featured on the site.  Integrate this with a snapshot of capabilities showing that we already collectively have the skills to perform X Y Z at the lab calling on expertise in assay development validation etc.

Fix the Printer(s), set them up on wireless, and determine whether we need fax machine.

4)  Legal and Policy Stuff:  Joseph/Kevin  now we have an equipment donation form.  We need to get all past and future contributions processed according to this.  Member and Company liability waiver.  We have a draft to review with a lawyer.  Also scheduling a meeting to craft our policy on securing IP and providing locked storage draws/refrigerators, etc.  Kevin and Joseph will work on this and then invite a small group to discuss concerns relevant to their own company's needs within Btnb.

Thanks to everyone for continued patience and hard work during this critical time in the lead up to the unveiling.

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 9:08 PM, Richard Sportsman <sportsm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey everybody,

Well here is a little bit of the brainstorming we did on Wednesday. A lot of the demos are still tentative and some people were nominating others to do an event. I proposed that we have a "dress rehearsal" day for any of the projects that are difficult to do maybe  Tuesday July 9th or Wednesday the 10th. While I may have put your name down let me know if you are up to the presentation and if you can commit to it.  I was thinking if we had 5-6 demos ready to go we should be set. But if there is demand to do more than just 5-6 please let us me. If you are doing a demo please send me a brief description of what you want to do and if there is anything that you need to set it up (reagents, special station,microscopes etc).

This is a tentative list so nothing is set in stone yet!

Best,
Richard

Jonathan Cline

Jun 16, 2013, 5:39:33 PM6/16/13
to EV Bobkova, Russell McLoughlin, biotech...@googlegroups.com, Joseph Jackson, Richard Sportsman, Kevin Lustig, Max Berry, Jonathan Cline, Babak Esmaeli-Azad, Richard Rouse, Dana Buckman, Leah Cannon, Resh B, Sean Mitchell
All
I picked up some good Chilean and Argentine red wines to bring in.   14 bottles

So far the 'beverage' donation jar has collected $40

rumor has it that wine sometimes loosens the purse strings of others

Safe to assume there will be at least 150 people walking thru?

## Jonathan Cline
## jcl...@ieee.org
## Mobile: +1-805-617-0223
########################

On 6/16/13 12:00 PM, EV Bobkova wrote:

Hi Russell,

It might make sense if ‘equipment@’ will go to the core equipment group, currently including me, Resh, Richard Rouse, Ranjaboy, Dana Buckman, and of course Joseph (and whoever else wants to help out – can it be done in the way that people can sign up for group membership and ‘newsletters’ for this group?).

Also, would it be feasible to set up an email for me Kat...@btanb.com ?

Not sure how many free email accounts can be set up…

Thanks so much for your help,

Katrina.

Russell McLoughlin

Jun 18, 2013, 1:00:15 AM6/18/13
to EV Bobkova, biotech...@googlegroups.com, Joseph Jackson, Richard Sportsman, Kevin Lustig, Max Berry, Jonathan Cline, Babak Esmaeli-Azad, Richard Rouse, Dana Buckman, Leah Cannon, Resh B, Sean Mitchell
Hi all,
I was loathe to create another google group, but broke down and did just now so that equi...@btandb.com and equi...@biotechnbeyond.com will reach everyone on the equipment team. Those emails now go directly to the google group. If you are interested in helping out with equipment please join the google group here: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/biotechnbeyond-equipment. I've invited everyone on the equipment team who's emails I have, but if I missed someone please invite them.

Let me know if there is a better way to do this.

Also, related to equipment donations- Is there a blurb on content that would be good to add to the website about equipment donations? Perhaps a donation page?

My thanks,
Russell