intercellular node outside a region

Vidhya Munnamalai

Mar 6, 2019, 4:27:24 PM3/6/19
to BioTapestry-users
Hello,

I was a GERN participant way back in 2013. I am building a network where I need the intercellular node to be placed outside of a region. I've seen others do it in their networks and I remember Bill showing us that you can do it, but I can't remember how. Help!

Thanks,

Vidhya

William Longabaugh

Mar 6, 2019, 4:35:18 PM3/6/19
to biotapes...@googlegroups.com, Vidhya Munnamalai
Hi Vidhya!

Glad to hear from you. The trick (and it is a trick) is to right-click
somewhere in the region that is unoccupied to get the Region Properties
dialog. In there, you will see the "pads" that are applied to the region
to make it bound all the nodes. On the side with the intercellular node,
make the pad negative. I like -15 to -20 myself. Hopelessly hacky, but
it works.

Glad to hear you are using BioTapestry!

Best wishes,

Bill

Vidhya Munnamalai

Mar 6, 2019, 5:12:59 PM3/6/19
to BioTapestry-users
Holy cannoli! It worked! Thanks for the quick response Bill!

Trying to use this to and put a review together.... I'm an assistant prof now (7 months), so I thought I'd introduce it to ear development people.
Wish me luck....

Vidhya