Apply auto layouts > any --> crash

David Molnar

Nov 10, 2011, 9:11:38 AM11/10/11
to BioTapestry-users
BioTapestry reproducibly emits the error below, if I try to use Apply
Auto Layouts > General Strategy or Bipartite Strategy. Restart of the
program does not help.

Greetings,
David

Java version = 1.6.0_26 vendor = Apple Inc. operating system = Mac OS
java.lang.IllegalStateException
at org.systemsbiology.biotapestry.ui.Grid.findPositionRandC(Grid.java:
458)
at
org.systemsbiology.biotapestry.ui.layouts.TrackedGrid.findPositionRandC(TrackedGrid.java:
981)
at
org.systemsbiology.biotapestry.ui.layouts.GridLinkRouter.feedbackRoutingForFanout(GridLinkRouter.java:
242)
at
org.systemsbiology.biotapestry.ui.layouts.GeneAndSatelliteCluster.prepPhaseTwo(GeneAndSatelliteCluster.java:
1137)
at
org.systemsbiology.biotapestry.ui.layouts.GeneAndSatelliteCluster.fillTargetClustersByGroups(GeneAndSatelliteCluster.java:
1375)
at
org.systemsbiology.biotapestry.ui.layouts.WorksheetLayout.layoutNodes(WorksheetLayout.java:
242)
at
org.systemsbiology.biotapestry.ui.layouts.SpecialtyLayoutEngine.specialtyLayout(SpecialtyLayoutEngine.java:
134)
at org.systemsbiology.biotapestry.cmd.MainCommands
$SpecialtyLayoutRunner.runCore(MainCommands.java:8958)
at
org.systemsbiology.biotapestry.util.BackgroundWorker.runBackground(BackgroundWorker.java:
83)
at
org.systemsbiology.biotapestry.util.BackgroundWorker.run(BackgroundWorker.java:
68)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

Bill Longabaugh

Nov 10, 2011, 3:24:17 PM11/10/11
to BioTapestry-users
David:

Darn. Thanks for the bug report. I have logged it. To be able to
fix this,
I will either need to have a copy of the .btp file that causes the
problem,
or a trimmed down version that just contains enough network to cause
the problem. If you are OK doing that, you can send it to me
personally
via email and I will use it to track the bug down.

Thanks!

Bill

On Nov 10, 6:11 am, David Molnar <zeitgeistmeis...@googlemail.com>