splash: recv failed when using latest version

Silkiechicken

Aug 30, 2011, 7:05:19 PM8/30/11
to BioTapestry-users
So I get the java web start error of: "splash: recv failed"

However, the old version still works and will start. Have made an
exception in comodo firewall to allow javaws.ext and it did not change
anything. Only way to go around the inability to start up the new
version is to uninstall java, restart computer, re-install java, and
click the web start. However, this is a short fix as 2-3 times
starting it and errors happen all over again. So for now using the old
version to avoid the hassle of shutting down.

Any suggestions?

William Longabaugh

Aug 31, 2011, 12:15:38 PM8/31/11
to biotapes...@googlegroups.com

This appears to be a known issue with Comodo interacting with Java
WebStart. This link seems to have some possible solutions:

http://forums.comodo.com/help-for-v3/java-web-start-splashrecv-failed-t24784.0.html

Sorry, but I'm not a Comodo user, so I can't say if any of these
suggestions will work. Let me know if you find a successful workaround,
or if you are still stymied.

-- Bill