Restore markdown editor on new site?

Steve Lianoglou

Apr 28, 2014, 4:44:13 PM4/28/14
to biostar...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is there a preference somewhere that I can set to enable markdown
editing again, instead of the WYSIWIG-only editor that seems to be the
default now?

Thanks,
-steve

Istvan Albert

Apr 28, 2014, 6:30:11 PM4/28/14
to biostar...@googlegroups.com
There is no option like that now but we it might make sense, would not be all that complicated after all.

I'll make a ticket: https://github.com/ialbert/biostar-central/issues/227

Also we are very close to implementing an email responder, where a post on Biostar can be replied to from an email. Basically we want to allow Biostar to be a front-end to an email list.

In that case text emails will be parsed via markdown.

Istvan Albert
Associate Professor, Bioinformatics
Pennsylvania State University
http://www.personal.psu.edu/iua1/

Steve Lianoglou

Apr 28, 2014, 8:29:42 PM4/28/14
to biostar...@googlegroups.com
> There is no option like that now but we it might make sense, would not be
> all that complicated after all.
>
> I'll make a ticket: https://github.com/ialbert/biostar-central/issues/227

Great, thank you for that.

> Also we are very close to implementing an email responder, where a post on
> Biostar can be replied to from an email. Basically we want to allow Biostar
> to be a front-end to an email list.

Sounds cool!

Thanks,
-steve