Markdown or wiki markup for reply text

Ying W

Sep 19, 2014, 4:31:35 PM9/19/14
to biostar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

I haven't visited in a little while and noticed that all of the text fields (where you type your posts in) now have a set of rich text tools. It is unclear to me but is it still possible to use markdown or wiki markup? Main reason I'm asking is because I find it easier to paste code chunks using markdown

Thanks,
Ying

Istvan Albert

Sep 19, 2014, 7:25:44 PM9/19/14
to biostar...@googlegroups.com
we are planning to allow people to switch from rich html to markdown

but as to marking code, it is just as easy, highlight the code and select "code" formatting.

Istvan Albert
Associate Professor, Bioinformatics
Pennsylvania State University
http://www.personal.psu.edu/iua1/