Double tweets from @BioStarQuestion

Peter Cock

Dec 1, 2014, 9:44:21 AM12/1/14
to biostar...@googlegroups.com
I said this on Twitter just now, but worth repeating here in case it was missed:

@BioStarQuestion seems to auto-tweet new questions twice, first with
an ift.tt link (using an if-this-then-that receipe), then with a
goo.gl link (another automated system?)

Once ought to be enough ;)

The tweets seem to happen about one hour apart, so it is more obvious
when viewing search results, than just browsing the time line.

Regards,

Peter

Istvan Albert

Dec 1, 2014, 10:11:49 AM12/1/14
to biostar...@googlegroups.com
is there any way to find out who set this up? perhaps searching the archives on Twitter to figure out who announced it

Istvan Albert
Associate Professor, Bioinformatics
Pennsylvania State University
http://www.personal.psu.edu/iua1/

Peter Cock

Dec 1, 2014, 10:20:13 AM12/1/14
to biostar...@googlegroups.com, Michael Kuhn
We can't DM the account on Twitter (it does not follow anyone).

However, back in 2012 Michael Kuhn posted on this group to say he
created the account (CC'd).

Maybe he can share the login details with you Istvan?

Peter

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 3:11 PM, Istvan Albert <iu...@psu.edu> wrote:
> is there any way to find out who set this up? perhaps searching the archives
> on Twitter to figure out who announced it

Michael Kuhn

Dec 1, 2014, 10:32:56 AM12/1/14
to Peter Cock, biostar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

thanks for letting me know! I have deactivated FeedBurner (which made the goo.gl links).

I had started with FeedBurner, then noticed some time ago that FeedBurner didn't update the Twitter account anymore. So I switched to IFTT, but it seems now FeedBurner started to work again.

cheers, Michael

Peter Cock

Dec 1, 2014, 10:42:29 AM12/1/14
to Michael Kuhn, biostar...@googlegroups.com
Great - and if IFTT breaks, switching back to FeedBurner should be easy :)

Thanks,