Login via OpenID no longer avalible

Ying W

Apr 18, 2014, 2:09:13 PM4/18/14
to biostar...@googlegroups.com
Just got an email about the new Biostars website. Everything looks good so far except I cannot log in. I have an OpenID linked to the biostars account, is there any way to recover this account or re-implement OpenID logins? my UID is 595

Nathaniel Nutter

Apr 18, 2014, 2:14:30 PM4/18/14

On Apr 18, 2014, at 1:09 PM, Ying W <daiy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just got an email about the new Biostars website. Everything looks good so far except I cannot log in. I have an OpenID linked to the biostars account, is there any way to recover this account or re-implement OpenID logins? my UID is 595

I feel like I had the same problem. I believe I used to log in with a linked Google account but instead a new account was made. I was able to reset the password on my "old" account to get access to it.

Istvan Albert

Apr 18, 2014, 2:22:18 PM4/18/14
to biostar...@googlegroups.com
The recommend workaround to connect any open ID is to use Mozilla Persona:

this will allow you to log in with other openid providers.

Istvan Albert
Associate Professor, Bioinformatics
Pennsylvania State University
http://www.personal.psu.edu/iua1/

Istvan Albert

Apr 18, 2014, 2:28:21 PM4/18/14
to biostar...@googlegroups.com, Ying W
actually I have swapped the emails on the accounts, you should be able to log in with Google now

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 2:09 PM, Ying W <daiy...@gmail.com> wrote:
Just got an email about the new Biostars website. Everything looks good so far except I cannot log in. I have an OpenID linked to the biostars account, is there any way to recover this account or re-implement OpenID logins? my UID is 595

Ying W

Apr 18, 2014, 3:04:17 PM4/18/14
to biostar...@googlegroups.com, Ying W, iu...@psu.edu
Thanks, that worked