ADME post closed

Chris Evelo

Aug 30, 2014, 9:12:33 AM8/30/14
to biostar...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just noticed that somebody closed a post that tried to start a discussion about ADME. Now that post was really about ADME and not (yet) about bioinformatics for ADME, but I actually think that that is very interesting topic. ADME (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADME) is a very important part of pharmacology and toxicology and simulations in ADME are very much dependent on retrieving and of estimating of the right data from existing resources on enzymes and chemicals. It is in part chemoinformatics and even and hardcore computational biology but is sure links to many fields in bioinformatics. Since ADME is also relevant for things like drug repositioning and alternatives for animal testing it is also a relevant area when looking for alternative funding sources for bioinformatics research. Maybe a discussion about ADME, focussing on bioinformatics, would not be so such a bad idea?

    Best, Chris

Khader Shameer

Aug 30, 2014, 10:47:28 AM8/30/14
to biostar...@googlegroups.com
I agree with Chris:

Definitely, we should have discussions on ADME and related chemoinformatics / chemogenomics topics on BioStar.
Can you point to that question, so that one of us take a look and can open it up again.

Thanks,
Shameer