Some users seem to abuse booster for bot reputation boosting/bot testing

Michael Dondrup

Jul 13, 2014, 4:59:57 AM7/13/14
to biostar...@googlegroups.com
I have seen some accounts like this one:

https://www.biostars.org/u/12459/
I have suspended this account.

The last deleted post combined the exact headline of an earlier post with some unrelated gibberish. After closing, the
user(?) has deleted the post.

I think there were two more chinese accounts posting suspicious "test you can ignore" posts to vote each other up.

Michael

Michael Dondrup

Jul 13, 2014, 5:04:11 AM7/13/14
to biostar...@googlegroups.com
The account's first post is an identical copy of an older biostar post with some reformatting.

Michael Dondrup

Jul 13, 2014, 5:09:47 AM7/13/14
to biostar...@googlegroups.com

Istvan Albert

Jul 13, 2014, 7:41:47 AM7/13/14
to biostar...@googlegroups.com
I saw those too, I do agree that they very much appear to be bots that anwers each other's posts.

Istvan Albert
Associate Professor, Bioinformatics
Pennsylvania State University
http://www.personal.psu.edu/iua1/