Lost login & multiple accounts

Konrad

Apr 25, 2014, 11:33:20 AM4/25/14
to biostar...@googlegroups.com
I’ve lost my login information for my Biostars account [1] some time ago. Unfortunately I also cannot access my old email address any longer, so I am unable to reset my password.

I also noticed that I must have created a second account [2] at some time, for which I’ve *also* lost the login. Would it be possible to reset the login for the first account, and merge the second account into it (or just burn it)?

I can provide information to verify that I’m the legitimate owner of these accounts, if necessary.

Istvan Albert

Apr 25, 2014, 11:38:30 AM4/25/14
to biostar...@googlegroups.com, konrad_...@madrat.net
We can merge these but first let's clarify something

user 108 has the email address konrad_...@madrat.net

that seems to be the same email that you are sending this email from, I have sent you a password reset

Istvan Albert
Associate Professor, Bioinformatics
Pennsylvania State University
http://www.personal.psu.edu/iua1/

Konrad

Apr 25, 2014, 12:03:20 PM4/25/14
to biostar...@googlegroups.com, konrad_...@madrat.net, iu...@psu.edu
Unfortunately, and rather bizarrely, Google Groups is lying to us: I’m using a gmail account with a gmail address to post here. I haven’t got a clue why it’s displaying my outdated email address. At any rate, the @madrat.net email address is unfortunately defunct.

Istvan Albert

Apr 25, 2014, 1:40:19 PM4/25/14
to biostar...@googlegroups.com, Konrad Rudolph

that's pretty strange,  but now what is your new email address then,

I can update the account to have that and then you can log in with google

Konrad

Apr 25, 2014, 3:13:29 PM4/25/14
to biostar...@googlegroups.com, Konrad Rudolph, iu...@psu.edu
On Friday, 25 April 2014 18:40:19 UTC+1, Istvan Albert wrote:

that's pretty strange,  but now what is your new email address then,

Oh right, I should have mentioned that. The new address is konrad....@gmail.com.

 Cheers!

Istvan Albert

Apr 25, 2014, 3:16:32 PM4/25/14
to biostar...@googlegroups.com, Konrad Rudolph
google email should now work both for password reset and for Google login. Send me emails directly if you have problems.