COMBINE 2022 Breakout Sessions

Daniel Bryce

Sep 30, 2022, 12:07:20 PM9/30/22
to bioprotocols
Dear Bioprotocols Community,

I would like to invite you to several breakout sessions during the COMBINE 2022 Meeting on October 6th and 7th (US AM and European PM, see below).  The focus of the sessions will be upon developing an open standard for protocol languages, based upon the Protocol Activity Modeling Language (PAML).  We have decided to rename PAML to the Laboratory Open Protocol (LabOP) language, and are transitioning to the new name.

We plan to use the breakouts as a working meeting to address representational choices that will move us toward a formal beta specification.  We will review the current state of the standard specification (https://github.com/Bioprotocols/PAML-specification/blob/main/PAML-specification-snapshot-211011.pdf) and address several of the major representational choices.  Our goal is to identify community needs and plan a roadmap toward a tool-independent standard that supports development of multiple protocol interchange software packages (e.g., Python, JS, etc.).

Sessions:
- Oct 6: 2-3:30pm (local time, Berlin), 8-9:30am (ET, US)
- Oct 6: 4-5:30pm (local time, Berlin), 10-11:30am (ET, US)
- Oct 7: 2-3:30pm (local time, Berlin), 8-9:30am (ET, US)
- Oct 7: 4-5:30pm (local time, Berlin), 10-11:30am (ET, US)

All sessions will be hosted at the following zoom link:

I hope to see you there!

Sincerely,

Dan Bryce
Bioprotocols Working Group Chair