Solicitation of interest: Container Ontology Hackathon at COMBINE HARMONY

Robert Goldman

Apr 7, 2022, 8:19:39 PM4/7/22
to biopro...@googlegroups.com

Please contact me directly or respond on the list if you are interested in a session working with the container ontology, the server, and the API at the HARMONY meeting.

There are a number of things we could work on to improve the state of the ontology and also learn about its innards. Some examples:

  1. Add the OpenTrons microplates, as a demonstration of how to incorporate a new catalog of items.
  2. Add some sort of graphical browser (e.g., WebVOWL) to the container server.
  3. Add support for SPARQL queries to the container server.
  4. Get the container server/api into pip so it is easier to install and use from Python code.

Other possibilities can be found in the issues on the GitHub repo: https://github.com/Bioprotocols/container-ontology/issues