Biopieces .sh installation problem

Heso

Oct 30, 2014, 6:12:01 AM10/30/14
to biop...@googlegroups.com

Hi,
I'm trying to install biopieces by using the .sh script, but am stuck at Ruby gnuplot testing.
In the terminal it gives me:
 Testing required Ruby gem - "gnuplot": FAIL

From Ubuntu Software Center I can see that I have ruby-gnuplot 2.6.2-1 installed? Why does it not find that? Should I have another version?

Martin Asser Hansen

Oct 30, 2014, 6:28:24 AM10/30/14
to biop...@googlegroups.com
You need both the gnuplot program, which you clearly have installed, AND the gnuplot Ruby gem, which is the Ruby module that calls gnuplot. So you need to install that too:

$ gem install gnuplot

Cheers,

Martin

mark carlile

Oct 30, 2014, 6:27:10 PM10/30/14
to biop...@googlegroups.com, ma...@maasha.dk
Hi I am also having some issues with the installer:
How do i fix the following:

Testing auxiliary program - "blastall": WARNING
   Testing auxiliary program - "blat": WARNING
   Testing auxiliary program - "bwa": WARNING
   Testing auxiliary program - "bowtie": WARNING
   Testing auxiliary program - "formatdb": WARNING
   Testing auxiliary program - "gnuplot": WARNING
   Testing auxiliary program - "idba_hybrid": WARNING
   Testing auxiliary program - "muscle": WARNING
   Testing auxiliary program - "mummer": WARNING
   Testing auxiliary program - "mysql": WARNING
   Testing auxiliary program - "prodigal": WARNING
   Testing auxiliary program - "Ray": WARNING
   Testing auxiliary program - "scan_for_matches": WARNING
   Testing auxiliary program - "usearch": WARNING
   Testing auxiliary program - "velveth": WARNING
   Testing auxiliary program - "velvetg": WARNING
   Testing auxiliary program - "vmatch": WARNING

Is its one program at a time ??
Thanks
Mark

Martin Asser Hansen