Improved annotations at VCell and much more

Blinov,Michael

Dec 20, 2019, 10:13:41 PM12/20/19
to biopax-...@googlegroups.com
Dear BioPAX Community,

We are excited to report that a major new release of VCell will be automatically installed next time you start the software. We have significantly enhanced the VCell annotations, providing a possibility to add permanent identifiers to all model elements. By adding features like rate rules and assignment rules, we have expanded support for SBML models; this allows us to offer a separate repository of VCell models derived from 90% of curated SBML models at http://www.ebi.ac.uk/biomodels/. We can now support MIRIAM annotations.
We have significantly enhanced usefulness of the VCell database, including separate annotated and curated sections for models based on published papers. Additionally, we have developed a service linking VCell spatial simulation with ImageJ image analysis functions. There’s much more, so see the full release notes at https://vcell.org/run-vcell-software.

All the Best for a Joyous Holiday season,
The VCell Team at https://vcell.org/