[bionlp-st] 1st CfP: Special issue of BMC Bioinformatics on BioNLP Shared Task 2013

Claire Nedellec

Dec 3, 2013, 9:45:52 AM12/3/13
to bion...@bionlp-st.org, Claire Nedellec
Dear all,

we are very pleased to announce the first call for papers for the
special issue of BMC Bioinformatics on BioNLP Shared Task 2013.

Best regards,

Claire N�dellec
Special issue guest editor

bionlp-st' (without quotation) in the body of the message.

CALL FOR PAPERS

Special issue of BMC Bioinformatics on BioNLP Shared Task 2013

We are pleased to announce a special issue of BMC Bioinformatics on the
BioNLP Shared Task (BioNLP-ST) 2013.

BMC Bioinformatics is a premier open-access journal for BioNLP research
with an Impact Factor of 3.02 and indexed by PubMed, Scopus, ACM and
Thomson Reuters (ISI) among others.

We invite two kinds of submissions:
1- extended versions of BioNLP-ST 2013 workshop papers. Each extended
submission must include a substantial amount of previously unpublished
content. In this type of submission, the workshop paper should be cited
and the extended contribution has to be clearly stated. Please refer to
BMC guidelines:
http://www.biomedcentral.com/about/duplicatepublication
2- papers on new contributions to the BioNLP-ST 2013 tasks.

The BioNLP-ST 2013 data and evaluation services are kept online at:
http://2013.bionlp-st.org/tasks
for new participants to register and evaluate their results on these
datasets.

For a general overview on BioNLP Shared Task 2013, please refer to the
task homepage:
http://2013.bionlp-st.org/

All submissions will undergo full peer review by 3 reviewers. We expect
that 7-8 papers will be selected to be included in the special issue
based on
the reviews.

When preparing your manuscript, please follow the author guidelines of
BMC Bioinformatics:
http://www.biomedcentral.com/bmcbioinformatics/ifora/

Please note also the following:
* The submissions should NOT be made using the general BMC submissions
site, but through a special issue submission site that
will be available shortly.
* For accepted papers, the authors have to be prepared to pay the
article-processing charges.
See http://www.biomedcentral.com/bmcbioinformatics/about/faq/openaccess
for more details.

IMPORTANT DATES

Jan 27 Manuscript submission due (draft version)
Feb 3 Manuscript submission (final version)
Mar 8 Acceptance notification of first-round review

To prepare the review process, we ask all those planning to submit a
manuscript to submit an early version of the paper,
including title and abstract, prior to the primary manuscript
submission. The draft version is considered a notification of intent to
submit and will only be used to coordinate reviews; it will not be
considered in review of the manuscript. Note that the
initial submissions must include sufficient information for reviewer
assignment, e.g. title and abstract.
The actual review will begin from Feb 4. So, the authors will have a
chance to update their manuscripts by Feb 3.

SPECIAL ISSUE EDITORS

Claire N�dellec, National Institute for Agricultural Research (INRA)
Jin-Dong Kim, Database Center for Life Science (DBCLS)
Sampo Pyysalo, University of Turku
Pierre Zweigenbaum, National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS)

Read more: http://2013.bionlp-st.org/bmc-bioinformatics-special-issue