[Virology] Calculating virus quantities and ratios

jirasu

Jan 11, 2011, 5:57:12 PM1/11/11
to viro...@magpie.bio.indiana.edu

I don´t know how to calculate a prosentage of viruses we managed to get from
our specimen,compared to the amount from the viruses that were put to the
specimen in the first place (% of the amount of viruses in the positive
RNA-control). And what were the amounts of viruses in PCR-units.
I´m quite desperate cause if I won´t get this done I can´t do the final
examn.
We put only 5ul of specimen in the DNA-strip when in the end the whole
amount of the separated RNA was 60ul.

Quantitation Report:

Positive RNA-control
Ct-value 24,88