Brass poisoning

Glenn V. Dalrymple, M.D.

Jul 19, 2007, 10:22:07 AM7/19/07
to tox...@magpie.bio.indiana.edu
I am a physician who sees musicians with a wide range of disorders. I retired from the full time faculty at Univ. of Nebraska medical center in 1996. Also, I write a regular column for the "Horn Call", the Journal of the International Horn Society.

I am revisiting the question of "Brass poisoning". I did an extensive literature search and review of the clinical literature in the 1960s when I was a resident in Denver. I did not find any real evidence of "brass poisoning" as experienced by musicians using nonplated mouthpieces. Recently, I have had people ask me about Brass poisoning.

I saw your line in Google. I would like to get your review of the problem.

Thanks

Glenn

Glenn V. Dalrymple, M.D., FACR
Adj Clinical Prof of Radiology and Radiation Oncology.
Univ. of Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE

gdalr...@tconl.com