HFC-134a in Cars - Can it make you Crash?

Delarosbil, Dan

Oct 19, 2007, 3:15:28 PM10/19/07
to tox...@magpie.bio.indiana.edu
My father was in a motor vehicle accident 2 years ago. He just purchased
a brand new Chevy truck and was leaving the dealership when he noticed
that the air conditioner was not producing cool air. Upon inspection by
the service department they found a leak in the condenser. They did not
have the parts in stock to repair so they refilled the air system told
him to come back next week and he has on his way. My father does
remember the trip home - 45 minute ride. He was in a head on collision
and there was a fatality in the other car. Witnesses have a dad's head
down and to the left. There is no question he was out but could r134a
have done this? Could r134a find its way into the truck compartment? The
dealership and technician deny recharging the system. My father is not a
lair and has very limited knowledge of air conditioning systems. Could
you offer me any advice or help? He goes to court next week to defend
his honor. His son dan.......

Dan Delarosbil
303-477 Queen St. E.
Sault Ste.Marie, On. P6A 1Z5

Office:(705) 256-5618 x246
Fax: (705) 256-1766
Cell: (705) 542-6769

The contents of this communication, including any attachment(s), are
recipient (or are not receiving this communication on behalf of the
intended recipient), please notify the sender immediately and delete or
destroy this communication without reading it, and without making,
forwarding, or retaining any copy or record of it or its contents. Thank
you.

Note: We have taken precautions against viruses, but take no
responsibility for loss or damage caused by any virus present.