Novice Need Help

Al Zhao

Feb 24, 2005, 4:13:24 AM2/24/05
Hello everyone, I am new to AceDb. Can someone help
me? I need to know how to draw the Map of the DNA
sequence. Also from GenBank, I noticed the sequences
of some genes are from mRNA. Is there a database out
there I could extract the DNA Sequence for those
genes? Thank you very much.

Al

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
---

Ed Griffiths

Feb 24, 2005, 4:22:03 AM2/24/05
Al Zhao,

> Hello everyone, I am new to AceDb. Can someone help
> me? I need to know how to draw the Map of the DNA
> sequence. Also from GenBank, I noticed the sequences
> of some genes are from mRNA. Is there a database out
> there I could extract the DNA Sequence for those
> genes? Thank you very much.

Please can you describe what data you have and how you want to view it in a bit
more detail please ? What sequence are you looking at, which genes etc. etc.

Ed
| Ed Griffiths, Acedb development, Informatics Group, |
| Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, |
| Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK |
| |
| email: edg...@sanger.ac.uk Tel: +44-1223-494780 Fax: +44-1223-494919 |