run acedb on EM64T

Raymond Lee

Jul 13, 2005, 8:42:17 PM7/13/05
to ac...@net.bio.net
Hi,

i'm trying to run acedb on my Xeon machine that runs Redhat Enterprise
x86_64

uname gives : Linux iching.caltech.edu 2.6.9-11.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri May 20
18:25:30 EDT 2005 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

i failed to run successfully either the static or dynamic 4.9.27/29
(non-server) binaries due to missing libraries, e.g. running static
binary 4.9.29 gives:

./xace: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot

but i do have that file here
/usr/lib64/libncurses.so.5

any solutions?

thanks.

raymond

Morten Hulden

Jul 15, 2005, 11:14:05 AM7/15/05
to Raymond Lee, ac...@net.bio.net

Is /usr/lib64 defined in /etc/ld.so.conf?
Does running ldconfig help?
Is /usr/lib64/libncurses.so.5 a symlink and does the real file (e.g.
libncurses.so.5.4) exist?

Raymond Lee

Jul 19, 2005, 5:09:46 PM7/19/05
to Morten Hulden, ac...@net.bio.net
Hi Morten,

just to follow up.

the problem for acedb binaries is solved after i re-installed the entire
RHE4 package. i previously left out some things that i thought my
machine 'obviously' did not need. still puzzled about why the problem in
the first place.

thanks for your help anyway.

raymond

--
__
Raymond Lee

Tim Cutts

Jul 21, 2005, 9:34:23 AM7/21/05
to bionet-sof...@moderators.isc.org
In article <mailman.153.11218...@net.bio.net>,

Raymond Lee <ray...@caltech.edu> wrote:
>Hi Morten,
>
>just to follow up.
>
>the problem for acedb binaries is solved after i re-installed the entire
>RHE4 package. i previously left out some things that i thought my
>machine 'obviously' did not need. still puzzled about why the problem in
>the first place.

I suspect that what you download from Sanger is a 32-bit binary. 32-bit
binaries cannot use 64-bit libraries, and vice-versa. Your Red Hat
system was missing the 32-bit version of libncurses.so.5

Tim