BTI Summer Internships in: Plant Genome Research, Bioinformatics and Bioenergy Education.

BTI Education and Outreach Programs

Nov 13, 2013, 4:35:19 PM11/13/13
to Plan...@magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Hello,

The Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research at Cornell University offers 25 paid summer internships to enrolled undergraduate and high school students interested in biological research. Our internships provide an excellent opportunity to gain research experience and explore if a scientific career is right for you. Currently we have positions in three areas: Plant Genome Research, Bioinformatics and Bioenergy Education.

Employer: Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research
Location: Cornell University, Ithaca NY
Application Deadline: Friday, February 7, 2014
Website: http://bti.cornell.edu/Internships

If you are interested in joining an international community of scientists and students in the pursuit of scientific discovery and want to learn how plant research can protect the environment, enhance human health, and improve agriculture, please visit our website to apply. Applications for 2014 are now being accepted.

All interns will have the opportunity to:

* Work closely with graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and scientists on a supervised independent project within the framework of the mentor's research program

* Attend weekly plant science seminar with scientists from BTI, Cornell and the USDA

* Attend lab meetings, read and discuss recent literature related to their project

* Learn about graduate school, scientific careers and work in an international environment

* Present research to the other students, scientists, and mentors at our Annual Student Symposium

Duration: Undergraduate interns June 2, 2014 -August 8, 2014
High School Interns June 30, 2014-August 8, 2014

All interns are expected to devote 40 hours per week.

Interns Receive:
Housing: Undergraduate interns will receive group housing on Cornell campus.

Stipend: Up to $4,500 stipend, plus meal allowance. Eligible for some travel reimbursement.

Eligibility: Students must be either US citizens or permanent US residents (green card holder). Undergraduate applicants must be enrolled in a college/university. For the undergraduate internship, you must be at least 18 at time of internship.

Who should apply:
Enrolled undergraduate and high school students interested in:
Biology
Biochemistry
Biological Engineering

Bioinformatics and Computer Science
Science Education

Underrepresented minority students, first generation college students and students from two and four year colleges are strongly encouraged to apply.

To apply: More information and application materials are available on the website http://bti.cornell.edu/Internships.

Application Requirements: online application, copy of transcript, two letters of recommendation

Deadline: All application materials are due no later than Friday, February 7, 2014

Contact Information:
Name Tiffany Fleming
Phone 607-254-6732
Email pgrp-o...@cornell.edu<mailto:pgrp-o...@cornell.edu>