Vanderbilt University: Assistant Professor tenure-track positions

Carl Johnson

Sep 25, 2014, 1:24:31 PM9/25/14
to plan...@magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Please see the attached advertisement for two Assistant Professor tenure-track positions at Vanderbilt. We are very interested in plant biologists whose research topics dovetail with other research interests within our department or in the larger Vanderbilt community. We have a state-of-the art greenhouse that is under-utilized and several walk-in growth chambers for growing plants. I hope you will apply or pass this advertisement to a junior colleague who might be interested.
Best wishes,
Carl Johnson
Vanderbilt University

Carl Johnson

Sep 25, 2014, 1:37:24 PM9/25/14
to plan...@magpie.bio.indiana.edu
TWO TENURE TRACK FACULTY POSITIONS IN BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY

The Department of Biological Sciences at Vanderbilt University seeks candidates to fill two
tenure-track, assistant professor faculty positions. We desire candidates whose research
complements existing areas of strength within the department (http://as.vanderbilt.edu/biosci).
The scope of the search will reflect the full breadth of the department; we are particularly
interested in candidates addressing fundamental questions in the areas of biochemistry &
biophysics, organismal, plant, and systems biology. The central criteria for the position are
excellence in research and the ability to teach undergraduate and graduate students with a high
level of effectiveness. Women and under-represented minority candidates are especially
encouraged to apply. Applicants should send a single PDF containing a letter of
application, curriculum vitae, statement of current and future research interests, and evidence of
teaching effectiveness to: alicia....@vanderbilt.edu. Applicants should arrange for three
letters of recommendation to be sent to the same address. Interested parties should submit their
application by November 1, 2014, and review of applicants will continue until both positions
have been filled. Vanderbilt University, located in the heart of Nashville, TN, is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. See why Nashville is a great place to live:
http://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nashville/things-nashville-does-better-than-anywhere-else