oxalate assay

Cote, Gary G

Aug 1, 2012, 9:12:10 AM8/1/12
to Plan...@magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Hello all,
Does anyone know of a method for assaying the level of oxalate in a plant tissue. There used to be a kit (or kits) available from a number of vendors (Fisher, Sigma, etc.), but we've called a number of places and no one has it any more.

Any leads to a kit, or how to make our own assay would be appreciated.
Gary

Gary Coté
Professor of Biology
Department of Biology
Box 6931
Radford University
Radford, VA 24142-6931

540 831-5630
Fax 540 831-5129
http://gcote.asp.radford.edu/

Pale, Fatimata A.

Aug 1, 2012, 1:29:36 PM8/1/12
to Cote, Gary G, Plan...@magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Hello All:

I am sorry I missed the BSA's conference in Columbus. I just received Bill's update on the success of the conference.
However, I would appreciate that you share with me major recommendations for teaching effectively Plant Biology and Physiology to undergraduates this coming school year. I am using Stern, and also Raven and Eichorn for lectures; for the lab, the Stern's lab manual .
I am looking for tactics and strategies to stimulate their learning.

Thank you

E-mail: fp...@thiel.edu <mailto:fp...@thiel.edu>
Tel: 724-589-2114

Perry, James

Aug 1, 2012, 7:10:44 PM8/1/12
to Pale, Fatimata A., Plan...@magpie.bio.indiana.edu, Cote, Gary G
Could you please describe the advantages Stern's lab manual over that which accompanies Raven, Evert and Eichhorn?