Developmental Genetics Position at Vanderbilt University

Carl Johnson

Aug 21, 2012, 11:58:13 AM8/21/12
to arab...@magpie.bio.indiana.edu, plan...@magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Dear Colleagues,
The Department of Biological Sciences at Vanderbilt University has an open position in the area of Developmental Genetics (see announcement below). The Department has excellent greenhouse/growth chamber facilities for plants. We would be very interested in hiring a plant biologist who is a developmental geneticist. If that "shoe fits" you, then please apply. More information about our department may be found at:

http://sitemason.vanderbilt.edu/biosci/

Best wishes,
Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson, Ph.D., Professor
Dept. of Biological Sciences, U-8211 BSB/MRB III
Vanderbilt University
465 21st Ave. South
Nashville, TN 37235 USA
TEL: 615-322-2384
FAX: 615-936-0205
Email: carl.h....@vanderbilt.edu
Website: http://www.cas.vanderbilt.edu/johnsonlab/

FACULTY POSITION AT VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY IN DEVELOPMENTAL GENETICS

The Department of Biological Sciences at Vanderbilt University seeks candidates to fill a tenure-track, assistant professor faculty position in developmental genetics. Candidates will be considered in all areas of developmental biology using any genetic model. We desire candidates whose research broadly overlaps and complements existing areas of interest within the department (http://sitemason.vanderbilt.edu/biosci). For information about developmental biology at Vanderbilt, see http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/devbio/. The central criteria for the position are excellence in research and the ability to teach undergraduate and graduate students with a high level of effectiveness. Women and under-represented minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants should send a single PDF containing a letter of application, curriculum vitae, statement of current and future research interests, and evidence of teaching effectiveness to barbara....@vanderbilt.edu. Applicants should arrange for three letters of recommendation to be sent to the same address. Review of applicants will begin October 15, 2012, and will continue until the position has been filled. Vanderbilt University is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.