Hydrogen sulfide bacteria

fas...@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2008, 4:51:12 PM7/27/08
to bionet-pho...@moderators.isc.org
What is the source of energy L. luymesi uses at the bottom of the
ocean to split hydrogen sulfide? I assume it is heat energy, and that
the hydrogen is used to reduce carbon dioxide. Correct?

mittalv...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2014, 5:03:43 AM9/4/14
to bionet-pho...@moderators.isc.org

* H2S Occurs and we can found naturally in nature in areas like, Oil Fields, Mine, Volcanoes, produced through decay of organic matter industries like, Fishing industry, Tanneries, Manure Processing.

* The largest industrial route to H2S occurs in petroleum refineries. The hydro desulfurization process liberates sulfur from petroleum by the action of hydrogen.
* During of extraction, hydrogen sulfide may be released into the atmosphere at wellheads, pumps, piping, separation devices, oil storage tanks, water storage vessels, and during flaring operations.
* It is naturally occurring chemical produced by bacteria as it decomposes organic material and created by natural biological processes or by human activity.

http://www.ask-ehs.com/safety-training/h2s/