protocol to simultaneously detect Edu and in situ fluorescent hybridization to detect mRNA expression?

cristian m

Jul 10, 2017, 4:54:59 PM7/10/17
to bionet-organi...@moderators.isc.org
Hi, does somebody know a protocol to simultaneously detect Edu and in situ fluorescent hybridization to detect mRNA expression?
Thanks

Cristian Cañestro

____________________________________
AssociateProfessor
Departament de Genètica
Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona
Av. Diagonal 643, 08028, Barcelona, Spain
office: +34 93 402 1501; lab: +34 93 403 3704
cane...@ub.edu

http://evodevogenomics-unibarcelona.weebly.com/
@evodevogenomeUB

Sandeep Paul

Jul 10, 2017, 5:13:09 PM7/10/17
to cristian m, bionet-organi...@moderators.isc.org
Hi Christian,
             We have done BrdU with fluorescent in situ hybridization. Please look at Figs 4B,C and 5C in the paper below,

This was on paraffin sections so it should be no problem in embryos. Instead of HCl step we just used Heat mediated Ag retrieval with 10mM sodium citrate buffer (pH 6.0).

I believe EdU should be even simpler. Let me know if you want our detailed protocol.

Best
Sandeep