Any recommendations for injection needle puller (that won't break the bank?)

Burdine, Rebecca D.

Jul 27, 2017, 12:42:35 PM7/27/17
to bionet-organi...@moderators.isc.org

We have a very old Sutter model that is starting to fritz.  I’m wondering if it makes sense to replace instead of repair, but $10k is not in our budget.

Does anyone have a less expensive needle puller they like for injections?

Thanks,

Becky

Rebecca D. Burdine, PhD

Associate Professor

Dept. of Molecular Biology

Princeton University

Washington Road Mof 433

Princeton, NJ 08544

Phone: (609) 258-7515

Fax: (609) 258-1547

Email: rbur...@princeton.edu

Admin Assistant: Laisa M. Eimont (609) 258-2933  lei...@Princeton.EDU

Brent Bill

Jul 31, 2017, 11:46:02 AM7/31/17
to bionet-organi...@moderators.isc.org
Becky,

When I setup my lab, I also was trying to get an economical puller (<$4000). I purchased the P30 from Sutter - (https://www.sutter.com/MICROPIPETTE/p-30.html), it has worked very well for us. It will be great if you just pull injections needles, but if you have more sophisticated needs you may want to make sure it would work for the type of needle you need by calling the people at Sutter. They were very helpful when I was making my decision.

Brent
Brent R. Bill, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Biology
The University of Texas at Tyler