Replacement Parts for Aquatic Habitats Rack System

Xiaoguang Zhu

Aug 22, 2018, 12:09:00 PM8/22/18
to bionet-organi...@moderators.isc.org
Hi Everyone,

The zebrafish facility we have are made by Aquatic Habitats (now Pentair). Some of the manifolds are leaking and have to be replaced. I checked their webpage (https://pentairaes.com/manifolds-and-replacement-parts.html) and found out that some of the manifold models were not sold anymore and the price of the models available are much higher than before (previously $30+ and now $120+). It seems that they are quitting from this business.

If you are using the Aquatic Habitats system as well and have a solution for this issue, please let me know. Thank you very much!

Jenny Lenkowski

Aug 23, 2018, 11:11:04 AM8/23/18
to bionet-organi...@moderators.isc.org
Is your system one of the really old z-mods?

I've had success working with Eric Moore at Iwaki Aquatics to get parts for my Z-Mod. He might be able to help with other systems. I'm at a small school, and our plumber in facilities has also been really helpful!

Hope this helps,
Jenny

hostet...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2018, 1:45:12 PM8/23/18
to bionet-organi...@moderators.isc.org
Hello Xiaoguang,
I work at Pentair AES and am the former AHAB tech on staff. We still carry most of the replacement manifolds, just not all of them are uploaded onto the website currently. I will gladly look into the matter to see if we can get that updated.

For now you can call or email us with the specs on the ones you need (number of valves, left or right-sided connection) and we can provide a quotation. I believe the pricing change you are referring to is based upon the version you are purchasing. We do offer just the manifold body with the grey union on the end for around that $30 price point you stated, but we also offer the full manifold with the body, valves, and hoses. Those are the styles that have the higher price point.
Hopefully this answers your question. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Dan Hostetler