Re : [Molecular-modelling] Tripos' Sybyl - gone forever?

Nadir Mrabet

Oct 4, 2017, 8:55:10 PM10/4/17
to s b, molm...@magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Hello,
I have not heard of Tripos Sybyl for years. Many molecular modeling packages have not been able to make it marketwise, at least in part, because they required a rather rare transdisciplinary expertise in biology, chemistry, physics and mathematics.
Plus Sybyl was rather focused on chemistry, rather than biochemistry with large, extensively more complexe, molecules.
Even better softwares did not make it as commercial products, sometimes because the people behind were rather scientists than genuine commercial experts.
Even in science, more progress is needed.
Best regards,

Pr. Nadir T. Mrabet
Structural & Molecular Biochemistry
N-gere - INSERM U-964
University of Lorraine, Nancy
School of Science and Technology
and School of Medicine
9, Avenue de la Foret de Haye
54500 Vandoeuvre-les-Nancy, France
Tel. (direct) : +33 (0)3.83.68.32.73
Tel. (secretary) : +33 (0)3.83.68.32.92
Cell. : +33 (0)6 11 35 69 09
Fax. : +33 (0)3.83.68.32.79
Email : Nadir.Mrabet <at> univ-lorraine.fr

-----Mail original-----