post-doc position available Oct 1

Maraia Rich

Aug 7, 2013, 3:54:49 PM8/7/13
to ye...@magpie.bio.indiana.edu
NIH-funded Postdoctoral Fellowship Position, to begin after Oct 1, 2013 (duration: 2-5 yrs).
Eukaryotic Cell RNA Metabolism
National Institutes of Health (NIH), Bethesda, Maryland

  The Fellow will investigate molecular mechanisms involved in RNA metabolism relevant to growth and/or development.  The project structure at the NIH is flexible such that the right person may be fit to study links between transcription, RNA processing, nuclear transport, and translation, with particular emphasis on tRNA and mRNA metabolism.  Fission yeast as well as mammalian cell culture, and gene-altered mice serve as model systems.  Efforts may include massively parallel sequencing.  Laboratory approaches integrate cell biology, molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry and structural biology.

  Candidates must hold a Ph.D. or M.D. and have less than 5 years postdoctoral experience.  Expertise in molecular biology, genetics and/or biochemistry is required, as are strong letters of recommendation.  The successful candidate will confer regularly with the principal investigator but must incorporate self-directed research, as well as excellent technical, presentation, and communication skills as essential parts of the job.

  The candidate should email a cover letter that details his/her specific interest in the research areas described above and as reflected by the publications from the Maraia lab.
Send your cover letter, C.V., and the names of three references with their email addresses and telephone numbers by Email to: Richard J. Maraia, M.D.  Email: mar...@mail.nih.gov

Richard J. Maraia, M.D.
Captain, US Public Health Service
Chief, Section on Molecular and Cell Biology
Intramural Research Program
Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
National Institutes of Health
31 Center Dr., Rm 2A25
Bethesda, MD 20892-2426
Phone: 301 402-3567
http://maraialab.nichd.nih.gov/

"If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we  would be so simple that we couldn't." -Emerson Pugh