Degradation of genomic DNA

Maheswaran S

Nov 13, 2015, 7:16:56 AM11/13/15
to ye...@magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Hello every one,

I'm constructing genomic DNA library of a mutant yeast strain. The problem is the genomic DNA degrades in presence of buffer, prior to addition of BamHI enzyme..

That is DNA degrades just in presence of BamHI buffer..but not in water..

I suspect DNase contamination in genomic DNA preparation.. But unable to overcome it..

Please suggest some remedy..

--
Maheshwaran. S,
C/o. Prof. Paike Jayadeva Bhat,

Maheswaran S

Nov 16, 2015, 1:30:53 PM11/16/15
to shubhangi khedkar, ye...@magpie.bio.indiana.edu
I resolved the problem recently and will give the protocol if u need.. thanks for your concern..