yeast cell cycle transcriptomes

mqu...@ipb-halle.de

Oct 24, 2012, 4:54:45 AM10/24/12
to ye...@magpie.bio.indiana.edu
dear yeast folks,
this question is most likely trivial for you ... but i am an arabidopsis
person, meaning that your help would be very much appreciated.
i am looking for transcriptome data of the yeast cell cycle. the minimum
requirement would be a transcriptional series of g1-s-g2-m phases.
ideally, it would be more fine-grained.
it would be great if you could point me to a data set or a paper.

thank you very much,

marcel

--
---
marcel quint

phone: +49-345-5582-1230
mqu...@ipb-halle.de
http://quintlab.openwetware.org/

Maria Costanzo

Oct 24, 2012, 10:42:32 AM10/24/12
to mqu...@ipb-halle.de, ye...@magpie.bio.indiana.edu, SGD Help
Dear Marcel,

The Saccharomyces Genome Database provides expression datasets for analysis and download. Our expression analysis tool, SPELL (Serial Pattern of Expression Levels Locator), is available here:

http://spell.yeastgenome.org/

To find datasets relevant to the cell cycle, click on "Dataset Listing" in the left-hand column and then on the resulting page, click the "+" symbol next to "Options for Filtering Results by Dataset Tags". The tags indicate the conditions or processes studied in the microarray experiments. If you select "cell cycle regulation" and then "Filter by tags", you will get a listing of datasets relevant to the cell cycle. You can use the SPELL tool to analyze expression patterns in those datasets, and you can also download the datasets by clicking the "Download Expression Data" link.

I hope this is helpful; please let me know if you have more questions.

Best regards,
Maria

Maria C. Costanzo, Ph.D.
Senior Biocurator