Posted for Comment: Report of the Working Group on Review of Bio

Pomicter, Carolyn (NHGRI)

Apr 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/5/99
The Working Group on Review of Bioengineering and Technology and
Instrumentation
Development Research (aka the Huntsman Committee after its Chair, Lee Huntsman)
is as an ad hoc subcommittee of the CSR Advisory Committee charged to identify
obstacles to fair, high-quality, rigorous review and to develop a set of
principles to guide CSR in establishing a bioengineering- and
technology-friendly review infrastructure.

While the charge to the Working Group was relatively narrow, the members
believed the issues to be broad. Therefore, the draft report they have now
produced speaks generally to ways in which NIH might promote agility in
responding to emerging opportunities. BEFORE PREPARING ITS FINAL
RECOMMENDATIONS, THE WORKING GROUP IS WELCOMING FURTHER INPUT FROM THE
SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY, both within and outside NIH. The report is posted for
comment at http://www.csr.nih.gov, and an open forum will be held at the
Experimental Biology 99 meeting on Sunday, April 18 (5:00-6:30 p.m., Washington
Convention Center, Washington, DC).

The final report will be presented to the CSR Advisory Committee at its meeting
May 10-11, 1999.

Dr Antony Halsall

Apr 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/20/99
Hi all,

I am looking for a luciferase reporter plasmid to allow the cloning of a
putative promoter from a PCR mixture. I would like to make use of a T/A
cloning system. I am currently trying to make a T/A cloning vector
using pGL3-Basic from Promega (the MCS contains a Sma I cut site). Does
anyone know of a commercially available luciferase reporter plasmid that
is either provided as a T/A cloning vector; contains an EcoRV
restriction site in the MCS; or contains 2 XcmI, HphI or AspE1
restiction sites in the MCS?

Thanks for any help

Dr Antony Halsall
Dept Psychological Medicine