GenBank Release 220.0 will be delayed

Cavanaugh, Mark (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [E]

Jun 14, 2017, 8:55:48 PM6/14/17
to 'genbankb@net.bio.net' (genbankb@net.bio.net)
Greetings GenBank Users,

NCBI is implementing fairly significant changes in the system used
to generate the GenBank flatfile renderings of sequence records.

That work has progressed to a point at which we can attempt using
the new system for this June's Release 220.0 .

As a result, we expect that Release 220.0 will be delayed by roughly
one week : June 22 2017.

If significant problems are encountered, we will simply fall-back
to the prior system, and try again in two month's time.

Our apologies for the late notification about this delay.

Mark Cavanaugh
GenBank
NCBI/NLM/NIH/HHS