Places available on Microarray Essentials training course

Gary Williams

Nov 5, 2004, 4:16:50 AM11/5/04
Places available on Microarray Essentials training course

The RFCGR has been running an Affymetrix GeneChip system, as well being
a major supplier of spotted arrays for the UK community since 2001.
During this period we have been involved in a range of collaborative and
in house studies and we now wish to share this experience with
microarrays and data analysis in our Microarray Course.

Over five days, lectures and computer practicals will cover the areas of:

* Array design
* Experimental design
* Image analysis
* Normalisation
* Filtering
* Clustering
* Classification
* Annotation
* Storage
* Standards

This course will be biased towards the study of mammalian systems and
the whole session is aimed towards those who have run the microarray
experiment and are looking for guidance on analysing the results.

This course is intended for those who have run or who intend to run a
microarray experiment and who wish to know more about the practical side
of ensuring that the data has the best possible quality and how to
analyse the data.

If you are already au fait with data analysis, and you have worked with
a number of data sets, then you may find this course too elementary for
your requirements.

Tutors:

Ros Russell (Cambridge)
David Kreil (EBI)
Steve Russell (Cambridge)
Thorsten Forster (Edinburgh)
Tom Freeman (MRC)
Jane Lomax (EBI)
Helen Longland (MRC)
Mikaela Gabrielli (Silicon Genetics)
Wally Gilks (MRC)
Paul Lyons (MRC)
Alex Watkins (Affymetrix)

Venue:

Genetics Department, Cambridge University, UK

13th to 17th December 2004

Cost (inc. VAT):

588 UK Pounds

Registration: