Network biology course, using Cytoscape

1 view

Heather Vincent

Jul 17, 2011, 12:18:54 PM7/17/11
to btk...@magpie.bio.indiana.edu
The University of Manchester's distance learning course, 'Bioinformatics
for Systems Biology'
(http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/modules/systemsbiology.html)
covers the use of networks for the integration and visualisation of
biological data. It could be taken as a single course, or with one or
more of our other Masters level courses in Digital Biology. Our other
online courses include :

Mathematics for metabolic modelling
Bioinformatics for transcriptomics
Computational Systems Biology

Bioinformatics for Systems Biology covers:

* the use of models in biology
* structure and use of public pathway and interaction databases
* reconstruction of biological networks from experimental data
* network statistics
* integration of transcriptome data with a network
* advanced topics

The final section will prepare participants for our advanced course in
'Computational Systems Biology'.

You will find links to all of our online courses here :
http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/modules/index.html If you
have questions about any course, please contact the tutor named on the
course information page. For general queries about the programme, and
to apply, please mail our office for Advanced Professional Education
(a...@cs.man.ac.uk).