Distance Masters in Digital Biology

Heather Vincent

Sep 15, 2011, 4:52:07 PM9/15/11
to btk...@magpie.bio.indiana.edu
At the University of Manchester, UK, we have over 10 years experience in
teaching a range of online courses in computational biology. These
courses are designed to enable those with a background in the life
sciences, computer science, mathematics or related disciplines to update
their skills, while remaining in the workplace. The courses are also
very suitable for home study, helping you to keep in touch with a
research environment while taking a career break.

http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/index.html

The next courses, which begin, on 3 October 2011 are:

Bioinformatics for Systems Biology
Introduction to software development in Java
Introduction to Health Informatics
Biocomputing
Computational Systems Biology

http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/modules/index.html

You can also book early for the courses running in February 2012. The
February courses will include :

Bioinformatics for transcriptomics
Mathematics for metabolic modelling
Introduction to BioHealth Informatics
Databases and data modelling
Object-oriented analysis and design with UML

http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/modules/index.html

A module can be studied as a single short course, or you can choose to
register for a formal qualification. Those wishing to complete the
Masters programme will undertake a supported research project.

http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/projects/index.html

For further information, please visit our programme website :
http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/index.html

If you have any questions, or would like advice on the options, please
contact Heather...@manchester.ac.uk