[Q] Does promoter of CHO cell work in yeast ?

RyangGuk Kim

Jun 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/26/98

Hi, I mean as follows. If I took some fragment of chromosome from

CHO cell and made it integrated into yeast chromosome, could I

have genes from CHO cell DNA expressed in yeast ? In other words,

what I wonder about is, whether CHO cell's cis-transcriptional and

translational elements (e.g. promoters and ribosome binding sites) are

functional in yeast (e.g. Saccharomyces cerevisiae). I could not find

any article about it. Thanks in advance.