Extraction baseing on hydrophobia

1 view

Piotr Solarz

May 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/19/98

I thank you for your information. May I know, what enzyme do you extract
with this method? I would like to use it with a plant acid phosphatase,
very stable one. It can be store for over two weeks in room temperature
without lost of activity.

Can you give me any reference to this method?

Piotr Solarz

----------
: Od: Alex Gurman <gur...@concentric.net>
: Do: biotechniqu...@net.bio.net; Piotr Solarz <PSo...@IC.COM.PL>
: Temat: Re: Extraction baseing on hydrophobia
: Data: 17 maja 1998 06:37
:
: I used cold (0 C) acethon for similar purpose and had excellent results.
After
: the evaporation I obtained dry enzyme complex with high activity.
: Efroim Gurman
:
: Piotr Solarz wrote:
:
: > Best to all,
: >
: > Excuse me writing to so many groups but I didn't know to which to
write.
: >
: > My protein is a hydrophobic one. Normally, the method of purification
is
: > very long. Is it possible to use its character for extraction (from
: > homogenat) with nonpolar solvent. If yes, which solvent is the best. I
: > think about something like "RP chromatography in acetonitryl", but not
so
: > strong as it. Acetonitryl makes the enzyme to be not active. The method
of
: > separation should base on hydrophopity but shouldn't denatured the
protein.
: >
: > Thank you,
: > Piotr Solarz