Plant Synthetic Biology - Post-Doc and Research Scientist Positions

Medford,June

Feb 8, 2019, 12:20:30 PM2/8/19
to arab...@magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Post Doc and Research Scientist

We have two openings, a Post-doc position and a Research Scientist position, in my Plant Synthetic Biology Lab. Synthetic Biology enables rapid biological advancement and programmable traits by following principles established for electronics-- quantitatively defined behavior and assembly from simple well-characterized modules (Medford and Prasad, Science 346,162; Schaumberg et al., Nature Methods 13, 94-100). In brief, the Post-doc and Research Scientists will join our innovative team of Synthetic Biologists designing genetic circuits for new functions ranging from biochemical pathways to novel applications.

Individuals will perform a wide range of laboratory work including molecular biology techniques, design of synthetic gene circuits, assembly of synthetic gene circuits quantitative analysis and prediction of function, and testing of these circuits in transient assays, moss, and transgenic plants. The individuals are expected to make significant technical and intellectual contributions to research projects.

These positions are for 12-months with a possible 12-month extension, contingent upon performance and funding.

Required Qualifications:
* Ph.D. in biology, biochemistry, biological and/or chemical engineering, or a related field;
* Demonstrated success in independently designing experiments, generating data, interpreting results, and documenting results;
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
* Experience working on a research team;
* Must be legally eligible to work in the United States, we will not sponsor a visa

The positions are available immediately. Applications will be accepted until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications should be submitted by 11:59 PM MT on February 16, 2019.

CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer and conducts background checks on all final candidates.

Please upload application materials to: https://www.biology.colostate.edu/employment/

Professor June Medford, PhD
Department of Biology
1878 Campus Delivery