Job opening: Molecular genetics lab manager at Stockholm University & SciLifeLab

瀏覽次數:3 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Tanja Slotte

未讀,
2019年2月13日 下午2:06:002019/2/13
收件者:arab...@magpie.bio.indiana.edu
*Lab manager / research engineer at Stockholm University and SciLifeLab*

We are looking for a lab manager to form an essential part of a research group in plant evolutionary genomics, led by Dr. Tanja Slotte (https://tanjaslottelab.se). The responsibilities for the lab manager will include molecular genetic lab work as well as general lab management including ordering and organisation of chemicals and lab materials. The lab work will include e.g. extraction of RNA and DNA (including high-molecular-weight DNA) from plants, PCR, qRT-PCR, and generation of next generation sequencing libraries.

The complete ad is available on the Stockholm University webpages - deadline to apply March 7, 2019: https://bit.ly/2SwRufS

*Terms of employment*
This is a two-year full-time position, with possibility for extension.

*Qualifications*
We are looking for an individual with solid knowledge of molecular genetics/molecular biology and substantial previous experience of molecular genetic lab work. The lab manager should be responsible and have excellent organisational skills and attention to detail, as well as good communication skills. A capability to optimise and troubleshoot protocols is required. The person should hold at least a Master's degree in molecular biology, molecular genetics, plant physiology or another relevant subject and have the required experience and personal characteristics.

*Infrastructure and environment*
The position will be based in the Slotte lab (http://tanjaslottelab.se), a part of the Dept. of Ecology, Environment and Plant Science, Stockholm University, Sweden. We are located at the Science for Life Laboratory in Stockholm (http://www.scilifelab.se), which holds considerable expertise in high-throughput sequencing technology, genomics and bioinformatics. The working atmosphere is international with English as the working language, and the position offers plenty of opportunities for scientific exchange with researchers at SciLifeLab and Stockholm University.

*Application*
Apply for the position (ref. no SU FV-0547-19) at Stockholm University's recruitment system at the latest on March 7, 2019: https://bit.ly/2SwRufS

*Contact*
For further information about the position, please contact Dr. Tanja Slotte directly at tanja....@su.se

Tanja Slotte
PhD, Associate Professor
SciLifeLab Fellow

Department of Ecology, Environment and Plant Sciences (DEEP)
Stockholm University
106 91 Stockholm
SWEDEN

E-mail: tanja....@su.se