Breaking up Chlamy clumps

Hanna Koch

Apr 10, 2015, 6:53:09 AM4/10/15
to chl...@magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Hi,

Does anyone know of a relatively quick and easy method for breaking up C. reinhardtii clumps without destroying the individual cells? Especially a method that would accommodate processing a very large numbers of samples efficiently.
Sonication in well-plates does not work because the vibrations splash the samples.
Ultimately I would like to measure OD on samples so clumps are a problem but I need to keep samples in well-plates for reading purposes.

Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hanna Koch

PhD Student
Max Planck Institute of Evolutionary Biology
Evolutionary Ecology & Community Dynamics Group
Plön, Germany