Fw: [Chlamydomonas] problem preparing Hutners trace elements...

M Alimardani

Oct 23, 2012, 6:37:09 AM10/23/12
to Chl...@magpie.bio.indiana.edu
I prepared the solution according
to the recipe that you did but I didn't use filtered air system.

-when I
solved EDTA in water added FeSO_4. 7 H_2 O after that and added this mixture to
the boiling solution.
I did it in this way and then cover it (with aluminum foil) for avoidance of
light, after 2 weeks now it's Purple. I had some rust too and it is normal as
protocol said.
- I didn't adjust pH at this step, also didn't mentioned in the protocol.

I hope it would be helpful for you.

M. Alimardani
M.Sc student of plant biotechnology
agricultural biotechnology research institute of Iran (ABRII)

nkm19...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2015, 11:11:57 AM8/12/15
to bionet-chl...@moderators.isc.org
Hi,I'm a student of biotechnology I have a problem by prepering chlamydomonas reinhardtii growth culture it doesn't growth and we have perception by adding NH4CL and another problem is about the color of the culture it is not green and I don't any growth in the culture
would you please help me to solve my problem.

Best regards

M nasri the student of biotechnology in iran