International Crustacean Congress: Crustacean Genomics Session May 22-25

Jo Wolfe

Jan 14, 2018, 8:26:38 AM1/14/18
to dee...@magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Dear colleagues,

My co-organizer, Heather Bracken-Grissom, and I would like to invite you to
present your research in the session “Molecular Insights: The Genomic
Revolution in Crustacean Biology” at the upcoming International Crustacean
Congress IX to be held May 22-25th 2018 in Washington DC. The deadline for
early bird registration is fast approaching, *January 15, 2018.*

This conference is hosted by the Smithsonian Institution and Renaissance
Hotel. We hope this session will provide a platform to share and discuss
studies incorporating crustacean genetics and/or genomics. We encourage
submissions that cover any crustacean taxa and we are particularly
interested in phylogenetics/omics, transcriptomics, gene expression
studies, tree of life studies, and population genomics. Graduate Students,
Postdoctoral Scholars and Professors (at all levels) are encouraged to
participate!

If you are interested in participating please reach out to Heather
Bracken-Grissom at hbra...@fiu.edu or Joanna "Jo" Wolfe at jow...@mit.edu
as we expect the session spots to fill quickly.

The deadline for abstract submissions is *March 1st 2018.*

More information on the conference can be found here detailing registration
and abstract due dates and logistics: http://www.birenheide.com/ICC2018/

*Session details*:

*Molecular Insights: The Genomic Revolution in Crustacean Biology *

Co-Coordinators: Heather Bracken-Grissom, Florida International
University, hbra...@fiu.edu Joanna Wolfe, Massachusetts Institute of
Technology, jow...@mit.edu

The field of crustacean genetics has undergone an exciting revolution in
recent years. The advancement of sequencing technologies and methods has
transformed the way carcinologists ask questions and collect data,
especially for non-model organisms that lack genomic references. For
several groups within Crustacea, this “genomic revolution” is still in its
infancy. The potential to capitalize on recent technology is great, and
findings from these studies will lead to unprecedented insights into the
fields of evolutionary biology and molecular ecology.

For this session, we would like to invite researchers working in the field
of crustacean genetics/genomics. We welcome contributions from
phylogenetics/omics, population genomics, transcriptomics, among others. In
addition to the abovementioned, theoretical and methodological talks will
be considered.

We hope to highlight a diverse group of organisms that span various fields
of crustacean biology. Please indicate that you would like to be included
in the “Molecular Insights” session.

We do not plan to publish a special issue.

We do not plan to apply for funding to recruit specific speakers.

The session will accept as many talk proposals as appropriate based on
submitted abstracts.

We look forward to seeing you in DC!

Kind regards,

Heather Bracken-Grissom and Jo Wolfe