Fwd: collaboration opportunities for start-up scientists and entrepreneurs in life sciences and healthcare

Martin Malthe Borch

Jun 14, 2018, 5:16:19 AM6/14/18
to biologigaragen_members, biologigaragen

From: Open_Innovation.MDA <Open_In...@merckgroup.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 10:34 AM
To: "in...@biocurious.org" <in...@biocurious.org>

Dear Representatives of the Biocurious Incubator,

I am writing to you since we are interested to expand our network to potential collaborators in the biotech/healthcare start-up scene in the US.

We, at Merck KGaA, Darmstadt Germany, are currently offering a series of potential collaboration opportunities for start-ups and entrepreneurs in the Life Science and Healthcare scene. I therefore believe, the information below might be relevant for you and your network and I would be very glad, if this would be of benefit!

What we are looking for:  We like to get in contact with scientists, who have innovative hypothesis and solutions and like to inspire young scientists and entrepreneurs to tackle scientific challenges in the biotechnology business.

Our current offers: There are a series of scientific contests, which are offering you the opportunity to exchange ideas with other scientists and the chance to win up to 20,000 euros in scientific competitions on innovative solutions.

Competition 1: Generate a CHO cell clone for antibody production, prize money: 20,000 EUR.

In this competition, we invite you to clone CHO cells after a stable transfection with a plasmid DNA in order to generate an antibody-producing cell line from it. We will provide the CHO cells and the plasmids for this purpose. For the experimental work, we also offer a cost compensation of up to 3,000 euros.

The CHO cell clone with the highest antibody production yield, which will be sent to us will be awarded 20,000 euros, the second and third best clone will each be awarded 10,000 euro and 5,000 euro respectively.

Please also note that the rights of the generated CHO cells remain with the participating scientists!

All details can be found on the following website:

Link for US and Canada:

https://bit.ly/2LA0GIr

Link for outside North America:

https://bit.ly/2LUDeqm

Competition 2: ' Game Changing Technologies ' in the pharmaceutical/chemical industry

This competition is open to all ideas and proposals on technologies that can significantly change the research and also potential products of not only the pharmaceutical, but also biotechnology and chemical industries as well.

Here, again, the scientist keeps any rights to the technology or the idea (background IP)  which would be shared with us!

All details can be found on the following website:

Link for US and Canada:

https://bit.ly/2JsUyRZ

Link for outside North America:

https://bit.ly/2JeB6bi

Please also distribute this information and the sheet attached within your network.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!

Best regards

Dirk Vocke

______________________________

Dr. Dirk Vocke

Associate Director, Innovation & Entrepreneurship Incubator

Biopharma

Merck

Merck KGaA│Frankfurter Str. 250│Post code: F127/002│64293 Darmstadt│Germany

Phone: +49(0)6151 7235748│Mobile: +49(0)151 14541180│Fax: +49(0)6151 726914

E-Mail: dirk....@merckgroup.com│www. merckgroup.com

Mandatory information can be found at http://mandatories.merckgroup.com

Pflichtangaben finden Sie unter: http://www.merckgroup.com/mandatories

Privacy Note: We are using your personal data for our current and potential future collaborations with you and will keep your data as long as we consider working with you. We use and collect contact data, data about professional qualifications, publications etc. and some of that data comes from public sources, especially websites (legal basis: Article 6 (1) b) and f) GDPR). You can find further information about data protection at Merck and your rights here: https://www.merckgroup.com/en/privacy-statement.html. Please note that additional privacy notes may be applicable that provide further information about processing.

This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment from your system. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its subsidiaries do not accept liability for any omissions or errors in this message which may arise as a result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages resulting from any unauthorized changes of the content of this message and any attachment thereto. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its subsidiaries do not guarantee that this message is free of viruses and does not accept liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted therewith.

Click http://www.merckgroup.com/disclaimer to access the German, French, Spanish and Portuguese versions of this disclaimer.

--
Eric Harness

President BioCurious

Med venlig hilsen,            Martin Malthe Borch

@MMBorch  |  +45 6171 3656  |  mmborch.dk

CHO Competition 1 pager_NA_Version June2018.pdf
GameChanger Competition 1 pager_NA_Version June2018.pdf

Ribonucleotid Reduktase

Apr 23, 2019, 11:27:51 AM4/23/19
to Biologigaragen Mailing-List
Hello Biohacker Collegues,

here is Daniel (D3) from the Open bioLab Graz Austria (OLGA). Greetings :)

https://survey2.edu.uni-graz.at/198875/lang-en

A colleague and I started a short survey about international biohacking/diybio community and genome editing.

The survey would take about 10min of your time :)  If you could finish the survey until the 28th of April, it would be great.

And please share it with everybody you know, who is active as biohackers or DIYbios :) Thank you very much!

See ya