New Launch: Summer Bioinformatics Programs by Pine Biotech

Beepsa Biswas

May 18, 2020, 4:31:26 AM5/18/20
to bioinfo...@googlegroups.com

Explore online bioinformatics training and research opportunities: Develop a research project and learn about data analysis from home
Short-term-training-Program-Slides1.001

Summer Bioinformatics Training and Research Project Development

In this program, you will learn about applications of bioinformatics to various next-generation sequencing data typesGenomics, Transcriptomics, Epigenomics, and Metagenomics. We will cover typical approaches for processing, analysis and interpretation, including statistical analysis and machine learning techniques for large-scale experiments (big data). We will also learn about reproducible research practices and effective management of research data. Participants will have hands-on sessions on various data protocols, analysis pipelines as well as uploading and managing large datasets.

The hands-on learning experience is enabled by the cloud-based T-BioInfo platform that allows for efficient processing and analytics of BIG NGS, Mass-Spectroscopy, Structural Biology, and other types of data.

LEARN MORE

Short-term-training-Program-Slides.002

Bioinformatics for Precision Medicine

Precision medicine is being transformed by high throughout data and changing the way we understand, diagnose and treat diseases. The transformation is led by large scale molecular data being collected from patients, animal models, and cell line experiments.

In the first part of this program, we will explore how bioinformatics is used in oncology research where molecular data is analyzed to study the basic biology associated with disease onset, development, and outcomes. We will also learn about publicly available clinical and research datasets and various precision medicine project examples.

In the second part of the program, we will learn about virology and immunology and the use of bioinformatics for infectious disease research, diagnostics as well as drug and vaccine development.

LEARN MORE AND REGISTER

Analysis of SARS-COV-2 Genomics Data-Asia-Images.001

SARS-COV 2: Analysis of Viral Data

Our team has been working with the Tauber Bioinformatics Research Center, Louisiana Biomedical Research Network and Georgetown University Medical Center to help make research tools and datasets about the ongoing pandemic available to scientists, researchers, and students all over the globe. To explore these and contribute to COVID-19 research, you can join a training program designed for all those interested in this dangerous pathogen at a deeper level.

In this program, we will learn about the novel coronavirus genome and understand how bioinformatics is used to identify how it is different from other similar viruses. We will compare genomes of coronaviruses and learn to use multiple sequence alignment, performing phylogenetic analysis and identifying significant mutations in the context of viral protein structure and function. We will further discuss how Covid-19 is changing as the pandemic spreads learning about viral genes, proteins and pathogenesis. We will also discuss how the data and the various analysis tools can help in the detection of viral genomes in patient samples, compare and distinguish between viral strains and haplotypes, identify the impact of mutations on the functionality of viral proteins, and discuss the role of bioinformatics in virology.

LEARN MORE AND REGISTER

Summer Internship Program-images.001

Summer Internship

Our Online Internship Program was conceived to help young researchers and life science students take advantage of the bioinformatics resources we offer and become a lifetime member of a growing bioinformatics community

This program offers an opportunity to join a team working on various research problems, contribute to the development of teaching resources, help curate and analyze data, as well as learn about bioinformatics.

For students interested to learn and develop a research project of their own, we offer paid internships with training, guidance, access to tools, and support.  For advanced computer science and molecular biology students and researchers, we offer a research fellowship that is free and will provide guided research opportunities in a variety of ongoing projects our team is involved with.

Each participant will have access to the powerful and user-friendly T-BioInfo platform. This is a cloud-based analytical server platform used by Research labs and independent scientists all around the globe.

LEARN MORE AND REGISTER

For any questions related to these programs, email us: mark...@pine.bio

Connect with us
Share on Facebook Share on LinkedIn Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest
Thanks for reading!