Open position: Data Governance Bioinformatics (m/f/d)

Erick Antezana

Feb 22, 2022, 9:24:31 AM2/22/22
to Erick Antezana
*apologies for cross-posting*

Become part of our team of highly motivated data science experts (m/f/d) to solve major challenges in modern crop protection by molecular and chemical genetics approaches. In this role you´ll be involved in developing a master data strategy for OMICs data and drive data curation and integration. Join us at Bayer to work on purposeful projects to bring our mission to life: “Health for all and Hunger for none”.

YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES

- You will develop and implement a data governance strategy for OMICs technologies in coordination with IT and semantics technology experts (m/f/d)
- You will manage data maintenance, identify relevant data sources, and ensure data quality in terms of completeness, format, and consistency
- You will contribute to product and platform teams in demand planning, prioritization and monitoring the use of services within project requests towards our partner
- You will build cross-functional relationships to partner with the business stakeholders (m/f/d) and collaborate with Bayer’s Data Science community to co-develop innovative solutions
- You will present your results in compelling stories to various stakeholders (m/f/d) to create both strategic and operational changes in business

 WHO YOU ARE

- You have a PhD or MSc with first experience in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, physics or related fields
- You are experienced in OMICS data and Meta-data management and able to support innovation and future-oriented data concepts
- Molecular and/ or Cellular Biology experience is a plus (preferably in insects, plants and fungi)
- You are experienced with relational and/or Graph Databases and proficient in using querying languages such as SQL & SPARQL
- You have excellent scripting and programming skills in common Data Science languages such as R, Perl, Python (Django framework)
- You have a strategic mindset and a result-oriented, motivated, and proactive personality with proven ability to efficiently work in cross-functional teams reaching joint goals

You have good communication skills in English, both written and spoken; a good working knowledge of the German or French language can be beneficial

This position is initially limited to two years.

https://karriere.bayer.de/en/job/data-governance-bioinformatics-m-f-d--SF559464_en_US

You can contact me in case of questions.