Advent to BioHackathon 2023: Are You Ready for the Trip?

Toshiaki Katayama (DBCLS)

Jun 15, 2023, 12:00:34 AM6/15/23
to biohac...@googlegroups.com, 2023-...@biohackathon.org
Dear BioHackathon 2023 participants,

We are getting closer to the big event and it's time to start preparing for your journey to Shodoshima!

For our domestic participants, please remember to arrange your hotel accommodation in Takamatsu for the night of June 24th.

To our international friends, if you have a bit of room in your suitcase, we'd love to sample your local liquor. It's always fun to try new things!

In addition, we've compiled a checklist to assist you with your travel preparations:

1. Passport and VISA: Ensure your travel documents are in order. For those who require a visa, please make sure you've applied for and received it before your departure.

2. Transportation: After landing at Takamatsu Airport, you can take a bus to JR Hotel Clement Takamatsu, which is about a 40-minute ride. The fare is 1,000 yen. More details can be found here: https://www.kotoden.co.jp/publichtm/bus/limousine/index-en.html

3. Weather: Shodoshima enjoys a Mediterranean climate with temperatures ranging from 20 to 30 degrees Celsius. However, keep in mind that it is the rainy season, so be prepared for possible rain.

4. Laundry: We have two washing machines at the venue for your convenience.

5. Cash: Although many places in Japan accept credit cards, there are still some that do not. We recommend carrying around 5000 yen in cash for small purchases and emergencies.

We look forward to seeing you soon. Safe travels to Shodoshima!

Best regards,
BioHackathon 2023 Organizers