Call for participation: Attend the BioCreative VII Workshop

Robert Leaman

Sep 9, 2021, 9:24:38 AM9/9/21
to biohac...@googlegroups.com

[Apologies for cross-posting]

BioCreative VII Challenge and Workshop

Call for Participation

We invite you to attend the BioCreative VII workshop, to be held online November 8-10, 2021

Program highlights:

Workshop website: https://biocreative.bioinformatics.udel.edu/events/biocreative-vii/biocreative-vii-workshop/

The workshop will be held over Zoom from 2:30 pm to 6:15 pm UTC each day (9:30 am - 1:15 pm EST; change time zone). Registration is free and will remain open until November 5, or until capacity is reached.

We invite the larger community to submit posters on topics related to the BioCreative VII Challenge tasks. Accepted posters will be presented as short pre-recorded videos in a YouTube channel, with selected posters also presented as flash talks at the workshop. The BioCreative VII Workshop Information page contains instructions for submitting a poster abstract.

The COVID Text Mining interactive track is recruiting users to explore COVID-19 related text mining systems of your choice. The goals of the track are to provide developers with user-in-the-loop feedback as a more formal evaluation of the usefulness of their tools and promote text mining web applications conceived to support COVID-19 research.  For more information about participating as an evaluator, see https://biocreative.bioinformatics.udel.edu/tasks/biocreative-vii/track-4-users/.

We look forward to seeing you at the workshop!